Core Integrated provided a turnkey solution to one of our existing clients, which was contracted by Cambridgeshire County Council to provide an average speed system on a busy route with a history of fatal accidents (A1307 near Linton). We subcontracted specialist traffic management company to design and implement the various TM systems enabling us to carry out the installation according to the phased programme of works.
We completed all other parts of the install using our own in house labour. We took on the role of the main contractor and set up the site; controlled and monitored site access; controlled and reviewed H&S; managed subcontractor coordination; provided adequate welfare facilities; created a secure material storage area, along with a set down and drop off area; and liaised directly with the end client. On completion we tidied and cleared the site, and provided as fitted information to be included within the O&M Manuals.
- Site welfare and storage setup to CDM requirements.
- Traffic management including full road closures with multiple diversions and AWS, lane closures with overnight switches in place to complete dual carriageway road crossings, speed limit reductions, high speed temp lighting systems and verge works, all deployed under a TTRO.
- Equipment cabinet installation and liaison with the DNO to accommodate the installation of a new supply.
- Approx. 1.8km of 100mm underground duct installed at 450mm depth in grass verge.
- 2x dual carriageway road crossings completed in 2 stages.
- Installation of approx. 20 cable chambers over the installed ducting.
- Installation of concrete bases and Nal retention sockets to accommodate the free issue passive tilt down columns.
- Installation of the free issue passive tilt down columns.
- Design, supply, installation, testing, and certification of electrical circuits to each of the 5No. camera locations.
- Manufacture and installation of client designed Average Speed warning signage on both passive and non-passive street furniture.